Monday, October 10, 2011

Here He Comes, Here Come Speed "RAYCER"

This post has been long overdue and now it is time to finally celebrate the birth of my first child.
Raycer Paxton Metz is a miracle in mine and my wifes lives. He was born at 8 lbs 4 oz on September 19th @3:23 pm. He was born with a full head of hair and makes a lot of different looks...Ferrari, Le Tigre, Blue Steel and Magnum as seen below...


Look at all this awesome hair...Rockin out already...



Pretty Legit Huh...So since the conclusion of this pregnancy i have actually been able to ride and train a little bit more.That doesnt make sense i know. Since my road season was a bust i have decided to take a chance at Cyclocross or Cx Racing. I seem to have stumbled into the sport by piecing together a bunch of equipment from my garage and my road bike...Its a bit of a frankenbike...I just competed in my second race yestereday. The first race i did was a 30 min SSCX(Single Speed) Race in DeKalb which ended very abruptly after my chain tensioner failed and i ended up eating shit on the only pavement section on the race.Just my luck. Yesterday was a bit better which was stop #3 in the ChiCrossCup in Chicagos Southside at Dan Ryan Woods. This was my first hour long cx race in several years and i was pretty underwhelmed by my performance or lack there of. My little pet theory is that since i had practically no road season and almost 0 race miles the condition of my legs and lungs are wayyyyyyyyyy behind those of my fellow cx mates in my race. I am really going to focus and dedicate the rest of 2011 to cx and start fresh on the road in '12. I know that i probably have a snowballs chance in hell of cracking the top 10 of a cx race this year but im going to try as hard as possible. Next year after what will hopefully be a long and hard road season im going to really try my hand at cx again. So please stay tuned for what i initially promised...Race Reports....Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment