Monday, February 7, 2011

The Dawn Of A New Day

I am happy to report that my blog is finally reaching the eyes of new people.Cyclists for that matter.A gentleman on twitter by the name of @halfwheeling tweeted me out of nowhere today and said that he was glad to have found my blog and liked it.I was sooo thrilled due to the fact that i have barely gotten it off the ground and only have a handful of posts.But such compliments deserve more reading material so here i am.Whats new...I've been playing a lot of scrabble on facebook with fellow cyclists Dave Reed and Mark "Druber" Schwartzendruber, the latter being one of the fastest men over the age of 40 on a TT bike in the country.The former being a badass bike mechanic turned professional pet nanny.Other than that I've slowly but surely been getting back into cycling shape by going to the gym and lifting weights and doing some lite running on the treadmill.This weekend i may even dabble in a bit of XC Skiing with my cycling coach.All in an attempt to realize my potential on the bike this year.I am calling myself out in this regard.I am a Cat.1 cyclist which is no small feat seeing as how there are only like 200-300 of us in the country.But i rest on my natural talent and don't really try as hard as i should or could for that matter.Ask me why...I just don't know, but i do intend to give it a go this year and maybe shock some folks and even myself in the process.I'm gonna keep my head down and let the rest work itself out.The first race is probably gonna be in April or late March,all of that depends on how fit i am and if i wanna road race or crit race.Either way in the beginning of March I wanna do a killer 18+ hr training week so I can get my body used to big miles and give it time to recover for the local spring classics.I really want do well at the Leland Kermesse.That has my name all over it and I should of rocked the house last year had it not been for some dumbass flying into a gravel corner and breaking my spokes.The past is the past though.Lets get it on...

No comments:

Post a Comment